This core session has two exercises that you're going to max out on for 2:30 minutes each. It's fast, which means you need to give 110% effort, when when it starts to burn!
The Workout: 5:00 Total
2:30 Max 3-Way Plank Hip Taps
2:30 Max Tucked Hollow Hold + Leg Extensions
Here are the keys:
3-WAY PLANK HIP TAPS:
1. Set up in a plank on your elbows so you can easily maneuver from side to side.
2. As you lean one hip to the ground, make sure to keep pressing tall through the shoulders and brace the lower back by rounding the hips under and squeezing your booty.
3. Most importantly, hit a STRONG plank position (extended shoulders, slightly rounded upper back, rounded hips, flat lower back, squeezed glutes and legs) after every single rep: Right - middle - left - middle, etc. It's this "middle" plank that will really get you those gains!
TUCKED HOLLOW HOLD + LEG EXTENSIONS:
1. Press your lower back into the floor by extending arms to the sky and rounding the hips under.
2. Legs will be at about a 90 degree angle.
3. Without moving your upper body, extend one leg straight at a time until it hovers just above the ground, then return to the tucked position.
4. Most importantly, try to "rest" in your tucked hollow to keep the core engaged! Is it much harder? Absolutely. Is it doable? Yes!
You got this! Be sure to let me know how you do!